Healing in RvR

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Mar 21, 2017 04:31

New to a Cleric for RvR, and I'm sure others would appreciate this information as well.

What heal spells are people using in RvR in what situations?

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Mar 21, 2017 16:45

Budikah wrote:New to a Cleric for RvR, and I'm sure others would appreciate this information as well.

My Priority:
1. "Major" Heal (Spec heal, more mana efficient).

2. Spreadheal, when you have Nearsight and/or the target is not in Line of Sight (Wall, Hill, whatever) and/or your target has desease (in case you have no time to "Cure Desease"). Avoid Spreadheal when you got desease yourself! Spreadheal is also good to heal multiple slightly unjured targets.

3. "Greater" Heal (slightly faster spec heal, worst mana efficiency), when castspeed and/or heal-value of 1. is not enough. High Value at high mana costs, therefore only use it in extreme situations.

Instant Heals if you get rupted or Cast-Heal is not enough to keep the target alive.

Groupheal rarely makes sense (may help if you want to heal a pet without LoS).

If you specced Rejuvenation (which everyone who wants to go for RvR should have done), you should avoid the baseline heals (except the baseline heal, which can be usefull for fast/small heals or before you heal with "Major" Heal).

Greetings

Edited some points regarding the following comments. ;) Thanks for the additions / clarifications. ^^
Last edited by Nunki on Mar 21, 2017 21:27, edited 3 times in total.

Dromina
Myrmidon

Postby Dromina » Mar 21, 2017 19:25

Nunki wrote:
Budikah wrote:New to a Cleric for RvR, and I'm sure others would appreciate this information as well.

My Priority:
1. "Major" Heal (slow spec heal, more mana efficient).
2. "Greater" Heal (fast spec heal, less mana efficient), when castspeed and/or heal-value of 1. is not enough.
3. Spreadheal (slowest of all three, even less mana efficient as "Greater" Heal), when you have Nearsight and/or the target is not in Line of Sight (Wall, Hill, whatever). :D

Groupheal rarely makes sense (may help if you want to heal a pet without LoS).
Instant Heals if needed (you get rupted or Cast-Heal is not enough to keep the target alive).

If you specced Rejuvenation (which everyone who wants to go for RvR should have done), you should never use any of the baseline heals at any time.

Greetings

You can handle healing like Nunki said (it is 100% true for live daoc and 98% true for this patchlevel). But you should keep in mind that this server runs 1.65 and some heals have different values than on live.

My opinion:
1. Major heal is your bread and butter spell as long as you have line of sight, target is not diseased and you have no nearsight
2. Greater heal is mostly useless. It has higher value but is just as slow as major heal and additionally its mana consumption is a lot higher. Only use if you really need a big heal amount (difference to live where greater is also a lot faster making it really useful)
3. Spreadheal for all situations when you have nearsight, no line of sight or target is diseased and gets a lot of damage (-> not enough time for cure disease plus major/greater heal). NEVER use when you are diseased or it drains a lot of mana for nothing.
4. Small baseline heal has best heal-mana efficency and is very fast but also heals not much. Can be used to get fast small heals out before you use major or spread (difference to live where major and greater heals are a lot faster and baseline heals are absolutely worthless)

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Mar 21, 2017 20:09

Nunki wrote:If you specced Rejuvenation (which everyone who wants to go for RvR should have done), you should never use any of the baseline heals at any time.
Greetings

I find quick baseline useful, I heal most of the time with it. It's cheap and fast. If you have low rejuv spec (less than 30 let's say) 20sh major is more efficient than your baselines because of the high variance. So it's quite the opposite what you say. I only use the major over quick baseline if I know there will be a huge dmg coming soon (someone asks for big heals when he knows he will be assisted or I see the train turning to him), or on tanks if I'm comfortable with my positioning. Otherwise before I finish casting major, they may die or I can be interrupted. So major is the best single target heal if you start casting before dmg. I don't even have greater on bar. Spreadheal is prolly the best spell we have. :) I use it whenever I need to heal multiple targets. You don't get the maximum benefit most of the time and can be expensive for the amount it heals but healing multiple targets one by one usually results in a death (which means rez = more mana wasted) or finding yourself in a bad positioning since you stand there for too long for multiple casts. Both spec and baseline group heals are quite useless. I only use spec group heal after rebuffing to fill the group.

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Mar 22, 2017 20:38

This thread helped out quite a bit. Did a bunch of RvR yesterday and mainly used Major, Spread, and the quick baseline Minor. Those all seemed to cover just about any situation I encountered.
Satanic Panic - Cleric
Budikah - Cabalist
Leader of Primordial Guild / Alliance
Primordial Discord ---> https://discord.gg/Fa85ptj

Schaedling
Myrmidon

Postby Schaedling » May 01, 2017 13:45

Can someone link or list the ratios of the heals?

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » May 01, 2017 15:20

Delve / mana cost = heal efficiency. Rest is in the Char builder

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Return to Cleric