Clerics have enough power to use higher Rejuvenation?

Sector7G
Warder

Postby Sector7G » Mar 02, 2017 00:10

If a group of 2 clerics one 42 enhance, who will spec dex second cleric.

Other cleric looking at higher Rejuvenation. 35, 36, 41. With 35 enhance.

Thing is, will you even have enough power to reliably use higher spread, group, or greater?

What are some of your rejuv specs and thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Jondolar
Warder

Postby Jondolar » Mar 02, 2017 11:23

Well, made some quick calculations with 196 piety and 26p manapool in sc.

Lvl 39 Spread would consume 25%, the lvl 30 21%

The lvl 41 greater healwould need about 29%, the lvl 32 about 23%

The lvl 46 group heal about 22% which you don't really need in most situations.

So you could do 4 sprads or 3 greater heals and would be oom after that (not considering manaregeneration). Maybe if you are high rr and you get mcl2 and raging power the situation would get better, but RAs arent up all the time. But actually the percentage of mana consumption is not that much bigger with higher reju spec. 4% for the spread, 6% for the greater heal.

It seems to me that the 39 spread spread is slightly more power efficient than the lvl30 one, so you heal more HP for the mana consumed and it has the same castime of 3,5 secs
Whereas the both compared greather heals seem to have more or less the same rate of HP/MANA, but the lvl 41 is slightly quicker 3,0 instead of 3,1 sec casttime, not a big difference, but could help in some siatuation, even though i prefer to use the major heal cause it is more power efficient.

Well so the question is if one prefers to heal more HP less often or heal less HP more often, considering that sometimes we overheal and the bigger mana consumption is even wasted.

If i try to see it from a practical point of view and i imagine like using four time the lvl 39 spread to keep your group alive and then i am oom and someone gets big damage and i don't even have the mana left for a single heal, whereas with the lvl30 spread i would have some mana left, maybe i would prefer having less reju and being able to react more often, but don't know, maybe someone has a different opinion on that.

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Mar 02, 2017 11:40

Sector7G wrote:If a group of 2 clerics one 42 enhance, who will spec dex second cleric.

Other cleric looking at higher Rejuvenation. 35, 36, 41. With 35 enhance.

Thing is, will you even have enough power to reliably use higher spread, group, or greater?

What are some of your rejuv specs and thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Mana is a huge problem on 1.65!

Cleric 50 (40 Enhance, 35 Reju.) playing RvR on a daily basis, the mana problem is real!
Pom5 + Pots + MCL on CD and oom moments are still common.

I would not go any higher in Rejuvenation until RR7+ with mcl2/Raging Power.

Greetings

Bzo
Warder

Postby Bzo » Apr 16, 2017 22:44

40 rejuv is great if u main heal with lvl 33 major and use spread when really efficient.
Power is a problem with any spec and 40 rejuv won't make it really worst since spread2>spread1 in heal/power.

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Apr 18, 2017 01:00

If you are talking about RvR I haven't found a great reason to go beyond 33/36 Rejuv.

When people die in RvR it's usually because...

- They got trained/MA'd on in an insant, and you didn't start precasting heal quick enough to save them. Having more powerful heals isn't always going to save people who are in this situation.

- You are being rupted/mez'd/stunned and simply can't heal.

- They ran out of range/out of position.

To keep a potentially long rant short - I haven't found a situation in RvR where I failed and thought to myself "If only I healed for another 100-200 damage he'd still be alive!"

Buffs and utility are more important overall, as well as the positioning of that other player and people landing stuns/mez's/snares/peels in general.

That leaves you with (at low RR) either 42 Enh/33 Rejuv/7 Smite or 40 Enh/36 Rejuv/4 Smite.

42 Enh - You get Red Acuity buff, you lose out on 25% more insta group heal and very minor variations to your heals.
40 Enh - No Red Acuity buff (hopefully people brought charges), you get the 75% insta group heal, and you have a little less variation.

The Smite ends up being dump points so it's just a crappy damage add and a second or two on your emergency insta PBAOE Mez.

If somebody can find me a reason to go higher Enhance than 42 or higher Rejuv than 36, I'm all ears. I haven't heard or seen a convincing argument yet. I'd always prefer to have both a 42Enh and 40Enh Cleric in my RvR group - anything else just ends up being a bit more awkward to do buffs with, and I don't see much of a gain from higher Rejuv/Enhance.

Return to Cleric