Quit my cleric today, just couldn't do it.

Papa_Tizlak
Warder

Postby Papa_Tizlak » Jan 26, 2017 08:31

No one will deny their usefulness for their heals and buffbot statuts...

But the class is terrible. 100% reliable on other team mates to do anything, and I mean, anything. Get in trouble? Better have end because most likely you didn't spec into smite (because it's awful), and don't have any abilities to save yourself.

Want fun and interesting play? You won't get it here. As you have two main heals you spam, and that is about 90% of your gameplay.

You want to talk about awful class designs that are one dimensional and extremely boring? DAOC cleric is the epitome of terrible, narrowminded, boring, class design.

I'm out, I'm going to play another class, because this one has worn my sanity way too low.

Koleriker
Eagle Knight

Postby Koleriker » Jan 26, 2017 08:37

I always loved playing cleric. Some people just arent made for this class ;)

IRC: 09.01.2013(15:16:36) Dotto: we zerg if other realm zerg in rvr,, we never start zerg thats all!

sdchris
Warder

Postby sdchris » Jan 26, 2017 18:57

The healer classes in all of the earlier MMOs are designed this way for a reason: to promote grouping. I would suggest making a friar if you want to solo a bit and potentially backup heal.

Koof1
Warder

Postby Koof1 » Jan 27, 2017 21:37

u play daoc for rvr, not for pve. every class in this game is braindead for pve, besides maybe sorc and minstrel..

for rvr cleric is a very dynamic class which has an essential role. sure, might not be as difficult as healer or druid, but still a high skill cap essential class

Jamoca
Warder

Postby Jamoca » Feb 09, 2017 16:50

Papa_Tizlak wrote:No one will deny their usefulness for their heals and buffbot statuts...

But the class is terrible. 100% reliable on other team mates to do anything, and I mean, anything. Get in trouble? Better have end because most likely you didn't spec into smite (because it's awful), and don't have any abilities to save yourself.

Want fun and interesting play? You won't get it here. As you have two main heals you spam, and that is about 90% of your gameplay.

You want to talk about awful class designs that are one dimensional and extremely boring? DAOC cleric is the epitome of terrible, narrowminded, boring, class design.

I'm out, I'm going to play another class, because this one has worn my sanity way too low.

I just stopped cleric for good also. I agree with you; its a shame since I always played Cleric on Live at 50, I mean I dont feel it aymore. Reaver here I come.
"Never, never, never give up"
Yurei Urahara - Infiltrator

Jondolar
Warder

Postby Jondolar » Feb 10, 2017 11:32

Obviously it had not been so clear to you at the beginning what this class is made for. But this is ok if you are new. Sorry for you that you had to discover that it just isn't for you.

I personally think that one is in a very powerful position playing a cleric cause everyone in the group depends on you, and in critical situations you save their asses. This can be very motivating to me, especially in RvR.

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 13, 2017 16:10

Papa_Tizlak wrote:100% reliable on other team mates to do anything, and I mean, anything. Get in trouble? Better have end because most likely you didn't spec into smite (because it's awful), and don't have any abilities to save yourself.

Thats why it is a group character and thats why communication is important in RvR and PvM groups. You could also avoid most situations by good positioning. :D

If you think 2 heals are everything you have to do in RvR (quite agreed in PvM, while I personally don't play DAoC for PvM :D), you never played cleric properly. :D

Albion classes are highly specialized. Thats the way it always was (I would not complaint about an instant aoe stun on smite :P or single mezz as the live cleric got).

If you seek for the multi-tasking way of life, Albion may not be what you are looking for. ;)

Greetings

t-bone
Myrmidon

Postby t-bone » Feb 14, 2017 11:21

I actually find Cleric the most powerful pure healer. as they have 1 role and its healing. If you check mids healers are way more OP but in a rvr setting they got so much more ****** to do than heal. 2x cleric batteries are what makes alb last.

I can agree on the tedious pve though however Druid and Healer arent far off :hammer:

Return to Cleric