What's a Cab's Role in RvR?

MaSQue
Warder

Postby MaSQue » Mar 17, 2017 16:49

Ok I am pretty new to Uthgard, maybe a month old (give or take) and I first rolled a Necro that is now 43 (won't be long till 50). My Tailoring is almost LGM, I got my House/Merchant set up and am making good money farming and selling on my Merchant. So I about got myself setup good money wise & now I am thinking about what class to roll as my RvR class.

I was considering a Cleric but Cabalist looks fun too. The point behind this post is ..... k, so I'm 50 now, I'm old and my replexes are not what they used to be. I cannot keep up with these young folks with those "thundercat ninja" reflexes they have so I am not even going to try to. But 100 years ago on Mordred PvP I did experience 8v8 on the Hib Loop (If any old school Mordred folks remember that) and I main'd a Healer in our 8v8 group but as I said that was a 100 years ago and several SEVERAL MMO's ago. Uthgard has shown me I am 100% a total noob again but I do want to try (one more time) to experience 8v8 one more time and see if I still can do it.

Is a Cab hard to manage in 8v8 and what is my role in the group primarily? Is this class for someone older and a "little" slower? Also what are the primary specs for 8v8 for a Cabalist .... I'll probably go AOE spec for leveling till 40"?

*yea I know, I tend to ramble on ....." ;)

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Mar 17, 2017 16:55

I don't think Cab is what you are looking for.

As a Cab you need to be fast enough to pick enemy casters that can Nearsight you and Nearsight them first. Also other casters and support. You need to run some kind of split spec, meaning that you will be debuffing Body for your group (usually) and that means you're often MA too. You're also trying to lay out some disease as well. All while making sure you maintain good positioning and don't get tank trained.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

MaSQue
Warder

Postby MaSQue » Mar 17, 2017 16:59

Well damn that's not wanted to hear :(

Aight then well at least I know lol thank you. Now to figure out whats the best class for me. Maybe I post this same question on the main forum then to get an overall best answer for ALL CLASSES then. thanks again.

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Mar 17, 2017 17:08

I would recommend either an Armsman or Cleric based on what you said in the first post.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

newguy
Myrmidon

Postby newguy » Mar 18, 2017 06:36

yeah i have to agree, cabs have prolly the most things to do out of all the alb classes in rvr. so many decisions

Hasbulat
Myrmidon

Postby Hasbulat » Aug 02, 2018 09:22

MaSQue wrote:Well damn that's not wanted to hear :(

Aight then well at least I know lol thank you. Now to figure out whats the best class for me. Maybe I post this same question on the main forum then to get an overall best answer for ALL CLASSES then. thanks again.

Just roll a skald. Nobody awaits your are good rupter, nobody assume, your are good damage dealer, you are just running speed bot and a kind of damage add for the assist train. ;)

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Aug 02, 2018 18:39

Nice "necro-thread", Albion realm forum too.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Hasbulat
Myrmidon

Postby Hasbulat » Aug 03, 2018 07:09

Requin wrote:Nice "necro-thread", Albion realm forum too.

Perhaps it will help any other player. So what? More life at Forum, more information in net - more life for realm! ;)

Return to Cabalist