Caba or Theu - just a suggestion

emanius
Warder

Postby emanius » Dec 05, 2016 23:18

Hello guys,
I have always been an albion player but I am not so experienced in RvR, I played on the old live classic Daoc (like uthgard) but I was so young and I did expecially pve, with melee classes (pala & reaver).

So now Uthgard is coming back with a different RA system and I was wondering to change gameplay and give another try to this awesome game, thinking to try a caster.

I am not so pro to use a sorcere for nice mezzing, and an interrupter (theu) or a pet dotter (caba) I thought would be the better choice for me.
The problem is that I really can't choice between the two classes and maybe have a better idea on the endgame from experienced people could help me to decide.

I never been in a real 8man group and I have a little idea of the theu/caba role in RVR.

I know I should try them both but with the 1x exp rate and full-time work I have not so much time to spend!

Thanks for the replies, bb

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Dec 05, 2016 23:49

Theurgist:
Good for PVE Groups - leveling or raids, not great for Solo PvE
Good for interrupter role in 8v8 RvR - Can fit in hybrid or caster setups
I would put it as "okay" for zerg type stuff.
Has self speed which is nice for all aspects of the game except probably group RvR where it will be covered by Minstrel.

Cabalist:
Good for leveling groups and solo PVE (no raid slot)
Required for Alb caster focused 8v8 (debuffer and nearsighter) you won't spec dots for this.
Dot spec is pretty good for zerg or keep/relic stuff

Other:
No caster except BD excels at solo RVR so I didn't break those potential points down.

You can also look here a few posts down where I outline each Alb class in regards to different areas:
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36116&start=15
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Dec 06, 2016 17:31

I highly recommend booting up the beta and making a caba and theurg and test it out for yourself. Free lvl 50 and rr5. Go kill some mobs and see what you like. Both are good, but personally i'm going with cabalist as i think it has more utility in RvR and nearsight is OP at this patch.

Everyone wants a theurg for PvE though. Group bubble is really good.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

emanius
Warder

Postby emanius » Dec 06, 2016 20:39

Thank you guys it was very helpful!

OT:
I was wondering why don't make a new sticked topic with all the classes roles (pve and rvr) for any classes of any realms?
Could be very helpy to get an idea of the classes-endgame-role for people not so experienced like me!
And then chose the right one..

Should be like: THEURG: "Your role is to nearsight the enemies, interrupt caster etc. etc."

Something similar to the one Nezix has made, but in the endgame-role perspective!

Hoping someone will do it :roll:

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Dec 08, 2016 17:32

emanius wrote:Thank you guys it was very helpful!

OT:
I was wondering why don't make a new sticked topic with all the classes roles (pve and rvr) for any classes of any realms?
Could be very helpy to get an idea of the classes-endgame-role for people not so experienced like me!
And then chose the right one..

Should be like: THEURG: "Your role is to nearsight the enemies, interrupt caster etc. etc."

Something similar to the one Nezix has made, but in the endgame-role perspective!

Hoping someone will do it :roll:

Eh the game has been out for 16 year. I'm sure if you google you can find some info. By the way, cabalist is the one who has NS :D
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 23, 2017 11:25

Some general information about Cabalists and Crowd Control:
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=41486

Cabalist:
First of all, no DoTs in RvR (see link above for explanation)!

There are 2 possible Alb group setups with Cabalists:
The Standart / hybrid / melee setup with ONE (Tri-Spec) Cabalist.
The maximaze the utility many go for RvR Specs like 25 matter (Nearsight) / 34 body (Desease / 34 dmg variance) / 33 Spirit (Body Debuff). Therefore your primary job is Nearsight + Desease + Debuff + Damage + Pet management.

The specialized hybrid or specialized caster group:
This group setups usually contain 2 Cabalists and 1-2 Sorcs.
To synergize / split up the utility one Caba goes for 41 matter (last nearsight) and 34 body (desease)
while the other one goes for 46 Spirit (last body debuff), rest Body.
Resulting in a purple body debuff (-50% body resi) with up to 3 body nuker (Tons of Damage).
These groups are quite rare / full / fixed just from the beginning, if you don't have a permanent / safe spot in such a group, I would recommend Tri-Spec to stay viable for several different setups.

Regarding the question if the 45 specced body Nuke makes sense. Not really, especially if you compare the values (baseline 179dd, specced 174dd). The 45 specced body nuke only makes sense in Master of Concentration moments in which you get real damage (due to higher life transfer).

All together Cabalist is a high utility class, therefore quite complex. :D
Also typical PvE speccs (full matter), are not that usefull for RvR. Typical RvR specs (tri or dual-spec) are not that efficient for PvE. Cabalist tends be a solo / duo / trio class in PvE.

Theurg:
Pets + Pets + Pets to Interrupt as much as possible in RvR. Not as easy as it sounds, but easier than Cabas in RvR, I would say. :D
Typical RvR and PvE Specs are Earth (for earth pets and pulse bladeturn) / Ice (Ice pets and damage)
or
the other way around Ice / Earth (at least 26 earth for lowest pbt).
Wind can be fun in PvE and in small man RvR, but is inefficient for 8man RvR.

Theurg is quite easy in solo PvE as in group PvE. Skill at least the first pbt and groups will love you. ;)

If you are completely new to caster in DAoC, I think Theurg is the better start.

Greetings

Return to Cabalist