Leveling Guide 1-50

Grimhound
Warder

Postby Grimhound » Nov 02, 2016 05:01

Dearest fellow Cabalists,

I've decided I'm going to share with all of you my Cabalist leveling guide. Many of you probably have your own plans already, which is great. However, I hope that in posting my precious guide it may help to expedite your journey to 50. If you choose to follow this guide, I hope you will pay it forward by helping your fellow Albs as you're sure to get MANY nice drops and enough xp to share with a mate or two (when you're feeling generous). And if a cabby is already at your desired spot, or a cabby shows up at your spot, group up and knock 'em down with greater ease!

So, to begin:
- This guide is for those who will be leveling up with Matter spec. Your AoE DoT is invaluable, and this is one of only two or three spells you'll need.
- + Matter Focus and + Matter skill items are your friends. You will want to get a couple of these items so that you can visit your trainer less frequently (staying out in the field for several levels at a time).
- I would recommend getting LW 1 as soon as you have your first realm point since you will be doing a lot of sprinting as you kite your pulls. (I'm welcome to input/criticism on this point. If you have a different suggestion, speak up!) :)

For those who are not familiar with AoE pulls:
You want to farm camps that:
1) Have quick respawns or more than plenty of mobs
2) Have mobs clumped together so that your pulls are simple
3) Have AGGRESSIVE mobs. (You want the mobs to gather themselves! Neutral mobs are a much greater pain to gather up)

THE PULL:

1) You will want to summon your first pet (Amber) as it is the toughest. (I'm welcome to input/criticism on this point. If you have a different suggestion, speak up!) :)

2) There is no need to waste power buffing your pet. You want it to die, and most of the time it will die very fast. In the case it barely survives, release it. You'll want the extra XP, and since you won't be using much power (usually), re-summoning your pet is no biggy.

3) Send your pet into the camp to gather as many mobs as you can. Your pet will die fast, so be ready to hit the mobs with your AoE DoT BEFORE your pet dies or the mobs will quickly scatter (not all will come after you, in many cases).

4) (You CAN use your dmg shield when you send your pet in, but it isn't really necessary unless you want to hit the mobs with a little extra damage to make sure that you can kill the entire bunch with only two AoE DoTs. However, most of the time 2 AoE DoTs will be sufficient.)

5) As soon as you land your AoE DoT, you need to turn around and run. Sprint for a short time to make sure you have ample room to get your second cast off before any of the mobs touch you. Make sure you're using the /face command ("F" on the keyboard) when you cast your second AoE DoT. It is the quickest way to stop and face your target. If you're not quick on your feet, you most certainly risk death.

6) Immediately start sprinting away from the mobs the moment your second dot has finished casting. Once you're a decent distance away, stop sprinting. You'll want to save a least a bit for emergency situations and in case some mobs resisted the first or second AoE DoT.

7) Gather the pile of loot, summon your pet, and repeat! (Make sure your End is fully recharged before your next pull!!!)

Keep in mind:
- Mobs will occasionally leash, especially if they resisted the first or second AoE DoT. Don't fret too much about this. You can usually finish them off when the others are dead. Don't put yourself at risk just to turn back and pick off one or two mobs!
- When you're working with OJs and Reds (totally killable) you will get more resists, so stay on your toes. When mobs are blue / yellow, it's pretty much smooth sailing.

And that concludes the introduction.

Now to the camps guide!

(You get your AoE DoTs at Levels: 18, 24, 29, 36, 46. Something to keep in mind as you level.)

Beginning levels:

Begin in Avalon Marsh (As Inconnu Cabalist. Other races will begin in other zones, but the principle is the same.)
Task until level 5. Ride to Camelot and visit trainer to become Cabalist.
- For casters kill Spriggarns for a staff with cold/earth/matter/body focus: 2 lvls.
- For casters at level 4 Kill Faeries located to the E around the hut at lvl 4 for a full set of cloth (if necessary).

- 5-14 kill tasks at pk bridge or west downs, heading to west downs for sure at higher levels.
- 15-20 caer witrin kill tasks.
(I pulled this 1-20 section from another guide in the Albion section, so thank you!!)

Level 18-21
Ebony Felwood
Ashen Felwood

(Approx 45k, 15k in Camp Forest)
Ghouls – OJ and Yellow at 18
(Avalon Marsh relatively close to Caer Witrin. If you're facing Cornwall at Caer Witrin, you follow the huge hill to your right. Eventually you will come across packs of 5-6 ghoul knights/lords. These are perfect and drop some very nice lower level items. However, at 18 these can be a little tough. Some people might be more comfortable starting with the Felwoods in Camp Forest until 19 or 20, then moving on to ghouls. I plan to start with ghouls though, as it is easily 1+ bub of XP per pull.)

Level 21-25
Ghouls

(Approx 16k, 22k in Avalon Marsh)
These are the same ghouls as listed above. You should be able to ride the XP to level 25 no problem.

Level 25-30
Moor Boogeys

(Cornwall) (Camps: by cents, by Greater Boogeys past giant skeletons and giants)
I will update the exact location of these soon, but to get to this particular camp you will go like you're going to Lyonesse. Instead of turning left down the path that takes you from Cornwall to Lyonesse, turn right. You will pass some giant lizards (left) and greater boogeys in a field (right). The moor boogeys are a bit further down on the right.

Level 30-37
Dunters

(Lyonesse)
At level 30, Dunters will be red/oj/yellow. However, I had no significant troubles pulling them. They respawn VERY fast, and there are tons of them. You can get 10-15 every pull and burn them down no problem. AWESOME XP, good loot. You can easily ride this camp to level 37.
Large groups of Dunters will burn your pet down fast at lower levels, so be ready to begin your cast early!

Level 37-40/41
Peallaidh

(Lyonesse)
Greater Boogeys
(Cornwall)
Here you have a choice. Next to the Dunters in Lyonesse (far side of the Dunter camp) there is a great pocket of Peallaidh. However, I will probably go to the greater boogey camp in Cornwall because they (imo) have better drops. These are next to the moor boogeys as mentioned earlier.

Level 40/41-50
Pygmies

(Lyonesse - There is a pygmy hut with a large number of pygmies in close proximity. This is where you want to go.)
Pygmies... Oh yes... This is WILD XP. You can gather up 10-15, just like Dunters. But they will burn down your pet fast at lower levels, so be ready to start your cast early! Pretty good loot and good money, and these pygmies are super easy to kill. Two casts should be overkill. At higher levels you will be able to burn them all down with only one AoE DoT!! This means that you don't even really need to sprint unless you get a resist or two, but no need to waste your power on one or two pygmies. Save it for when you go back for your next pull because they respawn FAST!

I hope you all will find this guide helpful. Any suggestions, additions, or criticisms are welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to view my guide!

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Dec 04, 2016 18:39

Thanks for the guide! EDIT: Here's my contribution which every cabby should know. If you spec 3 points into spirit you get an abilitiy that kills your pet and gives you mana. Repeat this over and over again to have infinite mana!

Here are a few questions:

*Do you recommend inconnu over the other classes for cabby?
*What do you put your starting stats into? 15dex 10 int?
*For your pet in PvE, do you always want an amber pet because it stuns? Thoughts on other pets?
*So i'm assuming for leveling Matter is the way to go hands down. Do you just max matter to 46? How do you plan to respec at 50?

Here is the 1-20 guide he's referencing. Very helpful for someone like me as i haven't leveled on Alb in quite some time!
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38125
However, guide only talks about 1-5 at Prydwen Keep and Campacorentin Forest.

For 1-5 at Avalon Marsh, the starting area for Inconnu, do /whisper to Captain Imrahel on the bridge close to the bind stone.
Last edited by Ardri on Dec 05, 2016 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Grimhound
Warder

Postby Grimhound » Dec 04, 2016 19:52

I plan to roll Inconnu as they have the most balanced stats imo. Saracen would be okay, too.

I'm going to go 15 dex, 10 int.

For AoE pulling, I would say always Amber. All are useful in different scenarios except Jade.
Sapphire has a nice life tap that's good for soloing singles in PvE.
Ruby has a nuke that is okay for harassing in RvR.
Emerald is also decent in RvR, maybe in group PvE.
Jade is pretty useless imo.

I would recommend getting the yellow AoE DoT in Matter spec (36). Everything after that is up to you. I probably will not do anything too crazy (tri-spec) until I'm higher RR. By then stones should be available. I believe you can also purchase your first two respecs relatively cheaply from the trainer. I'm not 100% sure though--just what I think I remember from back in the day.

Pyat
Myrmidon

Postby Pyat » Dec 05, 2016 14:05

I would always go with Saracen for the high dex.
And Inconnu just doesn't look as cool.

I haven't tested resist rates with tri spec in beta, but on Uth1 it worked quite good, even without mof. And the utility of tri spec is just amazing.

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Dec 05, 2016 19:50

Pyat wrote:I would always go with Saracen for the high dex.
And Inconnu just doesn't look as cool.

I haven't tested resist rates with tri spec in beta, but on Uth1 it worked quite good, even without mof. And the utility of tri spec is just amazing.

But does the 10 extra dex put you over any break points for casting lifetap etc? I would have to test it but i don't think it does.

With inconnu you get 10 more con, 10 more int, and 5% more spirit resists.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Dec 05, 2016 20:05

stawise inconnu is best. No breakpoints on uth anyways
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Dec 29, 2016 00:40

I got 2 partners in crime (Sorcerer and cleric). We will level together to 50. Do we still do aoe dot pulls after this guide or should we be doing it diffrently

Grimhound
Warder

Postby Grimhound » Jan 01, 2017 12:20

You might try adjusting your play style if you're going to play with buddies. This guide is mainly for solo cabalists who choose to spec matter. That being said, you may still find use in this guide. The camps are good for any kind of AoE play style. This includes focus pulls, which may be better suited for being grouped with a minstrel and cleric.

Also, just an extra note: I'm planning to put a couple points into Spirit early on (maybe around level 6 or 7) in order to get pet recycle to replenish power. The drawback of doing this is that all your AoE spells will come one level later (most notably your first AoE, which you will get at 19 instead of 18).

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jan 01, 2017 14:12

Grimhound wrote:...Also, just an extra note: I'm planning to put a couple points into Spirit early on (maybe around level 6 or 7) in order to get pet recycle to replenish power...

will be 5 points into Spirit, you need lvl 3 in the spirit line to reclaim pet, this will keep your Matter 1 under your lvl until the minidings. Btw, you can do it from the start, at lvl 5 when you visit your trainer put 3 in Spirit and you will have enough to raise Matter to 4.
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Jan 02, 2017 02:56

Grimhound wrote:You might try adjusting your play style if you're going to play with buddies. This guide is mainly for solo cabalists who choose to spec matter. That being said, you may still find use in this guide. The camps are good for any kind of AoE play style. This includes focus pulls, which may be better suited for being grouped with a minstrel and cleric.

Also, just an extra note: I'm planning to put a couple points into Spirit early on (maybe around level 6 or 7) in order to get pet recycle to replenish power. The drawback of doing this is that all your AoE spells will come one level later (most notably your first AoE, which you will get at 19 instead of 18).

Yea just lvl spirit to 3.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

Grimhound
Warder

Postby Grimhound » Jan 09, 2017 23:37

My bad guys. This guide needs some revisions. I overestimated some camps, thinking they would be "good" for longer than they actually are. So there are some level gaps. I will revise it when I have some time, and if anyone has suggestions, I will add them to the list.

Moreck
Warder

Postby Moreck » Jan 10, 2017 18:20

Thanks for the guide...looking forward to trying this out.

mrpopos10
Warder

Postby mrpopos10 » Jan 11, 2017 19:00

Grimhound wrote:My bad guys. This guide needs some revisions. I overestimated some camps, thinking they would be "good" for longer than they actually are. So there are some level gaps. I will revise it when I have some time, and if anyone has suggestions, I will add them to the list.

This:D Thank you for the guide i definitely gained levels way faster than i would have other wise. But currently i am lvl 22.5 and doing ghouls. They are all blue at this point and I dont see how I can keep doing it at lvl 24 and 25. Any idea where i could go for those 2 levels ?

Again, not complaining or anything:D I would have never even found the tasks at caer witrun, the ghouls, or the trees in camp forest without this guide so thank you!
Albion
50 Avalonian Cabalist (Matter)
50 Inconnu Necromancer (Sight)
29 Avalonian Sorceress (Mind)

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Jan 12, 2017 00:12

mrpopos10 wrote:
Grimhound wrote:My bad guys. This guide needs some revisions. I overestimated some camps, thinking they would be "good" for longer than they actually are. So there are some level gaps. I will revise it when I have some time, and if anyone has suggestions, I will add them to the list.

This:D Thank you for the guide i definitely gained levels way faster than i would have other wise. But currently i am lvl 22.5 and doing ghouls. They are all blue at this point and I dont see how I can keep doing it at lvl 24 and 25. Any idea where i could go for those 2 levels ?

Again, not complaining or anything:D I would have never even found the tasks at caer witrun, the ghouls, or the trees in camp forest without this guide so thank you!

You can definitely do ghouls till you hit lvl 24 just need to be pulling 6-10 at a time. I would recommend leaving at 25 though and going to cornwall station, go NW, and lvl up off the trees and eventually moore boogeys at 26-30.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jan 12, 2017 02:49

Set pet to passive.

shift drag go target to bar so you can click a button to go target.

Then send pet to mobs. Mobs should kill pet and not aggro cab.

Aoe aoe run. wait wait turn aoe aoe should be dead.

Also you can tell pet to stay here on passive and walk to the other side of the camp and tell it to follow and pet will pull entire camp.

Then when it dies on passive and no aggro, rinse repeat 2x aoe and sprint.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Next

Return to Cabalist