Cab Specs

Malysnyx
Guardian

Postby Malysnyx » Jan 14, 2017 03:00

It starts getting pretty good around level 12 with the Sapphire pet. I'm speccing spirit till at least 20 and I have been following the necro leveling guides since the pet proc is spirit. The pet will chew through spirit weak mobs pretty fast. Until then, just dot kite with the Ruby pet when you get it.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Jan 15, 2017 20:41

Malysnyx wrote:It starts getting pretty good around level 12 with the Sapphire pet. I'm speccing spirit till at least 20 and I have been following the necro leveling guides since the pet proc is spirit. The pet will chew through spirit weak mobs pretty fast. Until then, just dot kite with the Ruby pet when you get it.

At least it gets better, atm my pet is borderline useless. Outside if you have plenty of space to kite the ruby pet is ok (TONS of resists on its nuke tho, and this is on fairly low cons like blue). However in a dungeon (say Mithra) against blue con mobs (so blue con to me and say equal lv with the pet) it is utterly hopeless.

Pet loses approx 30% of its bar every time it gets hit and misses too regularly to hold aggro (even amber combat pet) and invariably I end up having to melee the mob, otherwise the pet simply dies and I am stuck meleeing the mob anyway.

Do not remember cabbys being this crap at PvE tbh :grin:

ntc
Myrmidon

Postby ntc » Jan 18, 2017 03:41

i kited with ruby through tasks to 20, then respeced to spirit at 20 for reasons mentioned previously. At 20 I could chain pull blues without having the heal the saph pet. At 30ish I could easily chain pull yellows without having to heal him. Before I respeced to matter at 40, I could chain pull 2 clerks at once (yellow) without healing. Solo yellows took anywhere from 10 seconds to 25 to kill depending on lifetap procs. With zero down time (never use power) chain pulling yellows, spirit is one of the most efficient specs of all classes over time (I was close to as fast as most necros) They get really really strong the further you progress, but at that point, you respec to matter lol
Rune - Ntce
Arms - Ntco
Cab - Magas

Old AE Vids

(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLd2U4tEJE
(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45zPBzc9_0
(Gareth) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4eC1K4o1bM

JimiT
Guardian

Postby JimiT » Jan 18, 2017 21:16

I like the idea of spirit cab more than kiting for 50 levels. How much slower do you think it is than matter spec?

ntc
Myrmidon

Postby ntc » Jan 19, 2017 00:05

significantly slower, my point was just it becomes pretty strong when compared to other classes soloing capabilities.
Rune - Ntce
Arms - Ntco
Cab - Magas

Old AE Vids

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Jan 19, 2017 22:06

I'd keep it simple.

Go Matter, use a Ruby pet.

Find a camp outside, sick your pet on the mob, hit it with two dots - it'll die real quick, rinse, repeat.

Alternatively you can find AoE dot camps and use the pet to gather up mobs to DoT. Quickest and easiest way - you end up using more Endurance than Power.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Satanic Panic - Cleric
Budikah - Cabalist
Leader of Primordial Guild / Alliance
Primordial Discord ---> https://discord.gg/Fa85ptj

Rovana
Warder

Postby Rovana » Jan 20, 2017 08:32

It's either matter spec for red ns or spirit. Like you would run one of each so why even bother gimping yourself with stupid resist rates with lower level spells.

Kennylives
Warder

Postby Kennylives » Jan 20, 2017 11:04

With the scarcity of respec stones I wonder if it's at all possible to do 40-50 as tri spec, and if so how to respec at 40?

The issue being that finding groups is going to be a major pain as I'm pretty sure you'll get the boot as soon as they figure out you're tri spec...

Any ideas?

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Jan 20, 2017 20:09

Kennylives wrote:With the scarcity of respec stones I wonder if it's at all possible to do 40-50 as tri spec, and if so how to respec at 40?

The issue being that finding groups is going to be a major pain as I'm pretty sure you'll get the boot as soon as they figure out you're tri spec...

Any ideas?

Yea it's possible, but will be wayyy slower. 40-50 isn't terrible if you're AoE dot spec because of pygmys. If you can't mass pull pygmys then i honestly don't know what you will do.

Personally i'm doing Matter to 46 for the red aoe dot and my cabby will just stay a PvE/PL toon until respec stones become reasonably available. Until then, just work on your second character, do crafting, complete epics etc.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » Jan 21, 2017 17:36

Ardri wrote:
Kennylives wrote:With the scarcity of respec stones I wonder if it's at all possible to do 40-50 as tri spec, and if so how to respec at 40?

Any ideas?

Yea it's possible, but will be wayyy slower. 40-50 isn't terrible if you're AoE dot spec because of pygmys. If you can't mass pull pygmys then i honestly don't know what you will do.

Personally i'm doing Matter to 46 for the red aoe dot and my cabby will just stay a PvE/PL toon until respec stones become reasonably available. Until then, just work on your second character, do crafting, complete epics etc.

can a cabby PL with pygmys with out a buffbot on classic? as i see a necro needs a bot to do it really and as buffbots are not allowed that slows that down

ntc
Myrmidon

Postby ntc » Jan 23, 2017 20:03

Lazyghost wrote:
Ardri wrote:

Any ideas?

can a cabby PL with pygmys with out a buffbot on classic? as i see a necro needs a bot to do it really and as buffbots are not allowed that slows that down

yes, I solo on my cabby fairly often for my guildies. no buffs or speed is required, but obviously helps the pulls.
Rune - Ntce
Arms - Ntco
Cab - Magas

Old AE Vids

Rimoen
Guardian

Postby Rimoen » Jan 30, 2017 18:18

Hey guys, I hit lvl 40 today, did some good aoe spot pulls yet.

Actually I am matter specced. Thinking about a respec to Spirit. I know ist not as fast as matter aoe gobo pulls and stuff but i wanna know how good or bad it really is to lvl up to 50 with Spirit. Anyone did it yet?

Reason for all this, i dont beleave in dragon raids soon. For me, 46 Spirit sounds like the best rvr spec so far.

Any views and experiences to me?

Have fun playing guys !!!

dipndots
Warder

Postby dipndots » Feb 01, 2017 15:43

morry1000 wrote:
Malysnyx wrote:It starts getting pretty good around level 12 with the Sapphire pet. I'm speccing spirit till at least 20 and I have been following the necro leveling guides since the pet proc is spirit. The pet will chew through spirit weak mobs pretty fast. Until then, just dot kite with the Ruby pet when you get it.

At least it gets better, atm my pet is borderline useless. Outside if you have plenty of space to kite the ruby pet is ok (TONS of resists on its nuke tho, and this is on fairly low cons like blue). However in a dungeon (say Mithra) against blue con mobs (so blue con to me and say equal lv with the pet) it is utterly hopeless.

Pet loses approx 30% of its bar every time it gets hit and misses too regularly to hold aggro (even amber combat pet) and invariably I end up having to melee the mob, otherwise the pet simply dies and I am stuck meleeing the mob anyway.

Do not remember cabbys being this crap at PvE tbh :grin:

as a solo cabby before level 12, your bread and butter will be chain pulling mobs outside and kiting with your dots. it's the fastest way to level by far. if you aren't matter spec, then i have no idea what you do before level 12. spirit spec is great for just leaving your sapphire pet on aggro in the middle of a pack of neutral blue-yellow mobs and going afk, but other than that it's slower than matter and less desired for groups.

what i mean by less desired for groups is, your blue con pet is going to whiff A LOT (and the lifetap will get resisted A LOT) against anything higher than a yellow. if you're in a group and you want to chain pull reds-purps, your pet will contribute literally nothing. as a solo matter cabby, i can pull an entire camp of oranges, or i can join a group and do focus pulls. neither leveling strat relies on my pet landing hits/spells to do damage.

Venril
Warder

Postby Venril » Feb 06, 2017 13:26

Party
Tri spec OR 20 body / 19 matter / 46
24 body / 11 matter / 47 spirit for mage train assist

Solo/duo (not sorc duo)
46 body 11 matter 25 spirit for last hp xfer
45 body 11 matter 27 spirit for better haste/add pet
Alkabor <Nerouj> Ywain Cabalist
Venril Sathir - Uthgard Cabalist

Nerthos
Warder

Postby Nerthos » Feb 06, 2017 18:15

Venril wrote:Party
Tri spec OR 20 body / 19 matter / 46
24 body / 11 matter / 47 spirit for mage train assist

Solo/duo (not sorc duo)
46 body 11 matter 25 spirit for last hp xfer
45 body 11 matter 27 spirit for better haste/add pet

i think the 46 matter spec, or 41 matter 35 body is also a reasonable rvr spec, mainly not for 8vs8 but for zerg and keep fights (there will be a lot on uthgard's high pop).

Red NS + AE Dot + AE disease is so powerful in this patch lvl. There is no NS cure, also dot + disease is hard to cure for healers as there is no showing in grp window (healers will cure dot/disease manually by grp mate request) and there is no group cure heal.

Considering there is no mana fields in this patch, mana will be a big issue in big fights/sieges. AE Dot and AE disease will drain healers mana empty in big fights.
Kabalix/Sunna

PreviousNext

Return to Cabalist