Cabas and old RAs

Jezzmin
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jezzmin » Feb 26, 2014 09:35

I just felt the urgent need to be the first to post something in this section :P

for my spirit cab i currently plan on those RAs for ~rr5:

Tireless1
Longwind1
Purge
Mcl1
aug int3
MoC

With option for longwind2 at 5L2 :)...maybe i'll pick MoC later and longwind2 first - as a spirit cab, that runs solo now and then, I'd prefer relying on my pet instead of 15s-moc, but I'll gotta see this.

I guess Trispecs should go for something like this (random order)

tireless1
longwind1
mcl1
aug dex1
purge
aug int3
motArt3
wp2

feels like a good and balanced spec for both dmg-dealers and nearsighters/debuffers :)..probably not suitable for soloing though, but then again trispec cabies rarely run solo
Genuine Spirit Cabalist since 2002

Magicco wrote:i would give my live acc data only to trustworthy ppl like jezzmin

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Feb 27, 2014 10:24

Pet and run worked quiet well in the old days :D
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Salandril
Myrmidon

Postby Salandril » Feb 27, 2014 15:15

Why Tireless1 + lw2?
Before revamp lw1 + endu3 was enough for a caster, wasnt it?

Why pay for mcl as a cab? Recycling your pet is faster than waiting on combat flag and mcl rupt timer.

Id go for mom3/wp3/int3/art3 lw1 and maybe tl1

Jezzmin
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jezzmin » Feb 27, 2014 16:04

I found mcl extremely handy for after being ressed...and now that it'S only 3pts its even better...

tireless+lw2, because i rarely use potions...

i hate all this potion and charge thing, though maybe I'll change this after relaunch...maybe I'll actually use them than for sake of being competitive :(...if so, tireless1+lw1 should be ok

Magicco wrote:i would give my live acc data only to trustworthy ppl like jezzmin

Salandril
Myrmidon

Postby Salandril » Feb 27, 2014 16:25

Jezzmin wrote:I found mcl extremely handy for after being ressed...and now that it'S only 3pts its even better...

tireless+lw2, because i rarely use potions...

i hate all this potion and charge thing, though maybe I'll change this after relaunch...maybe I'll actually use them than for sake of being competitive :(...if so, tireless1+lw1 should be ok

I used a lot of mana pots every fight. Maybe thats why i never lacked MCL ;)

Sure MCL after rezz is nice but using mana pot + recycle works too.
The dmg ras do improve my chars utility all the time, mcl does only after rezz^^

Jezzmin
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jezzmin » Feb 27, 2014 17:02

i ran solo and relied on my pet to be the killer :P...solo u need mana and endu, not dmg, though this might be different with old RA moc :)...maybe I'll go for more dmg RAs and not mcl etc.

Another pro of Mcl: you could get mana without killing your pet...as a spirit cab it takes a lot of mana to fully buff it and recycling it is quite annoying...yes, it takes only 2 cyclces to be almost at full mana but i takes a lot of time to buff the pet again (even if i only buff runspeed)...

Salandril
Myrmidon

Postby Salandril » Feb 27, 2014 17:20

Jezzmin wrote:i ran solo and relied on my pet to be the killer :P...solo u need mana and endu, not dmg, though this might be different with old RA moc :)...maybe I'll go for more dmg RAs and not mcl etc.

Another pro of Mcl: you could get mana without killing your pet...as a spirit cab it takes a lot of mana to fully buff it and recycling it is quite annoying...yes, it takes only 2 cyclces to be almost at full mana but i takes a lot of time to buff the pet again (even if i only buff runspeed)...

I dont know anything about playing solo caba. Guess u know better what ras r needed for it.

Did u rebuff your pet after rezz? I doubt it ;)

Jezzmin
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jezzmin » Feb 28, 2014 09:53

Salandril wrote:Did u rebuff your pet after rezz? I doubt it ;)

i usually buffed speed at least, if there was time i also added haste and dmg add...but usually you just had to cycle to full mana and then get going again :)

linwig
Warder

Postby linwig » Apr 16, 2016 15:38

Slightly off top will tri spec work without mastery of focus? Lots of resists without MOF I expect?

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Apr 16, 2016 16:26

Think it should be. NS too op anyways

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34727
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Hibernianman1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Hibernianman1 » Apr 17, 2016 06:48

get aug acuity and the increase cast speed level 3. Very overpowered.

elwuff
Warder

Postby elwuff » Jul 11, 2016 18:55

What RA do i need for crit dots?

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jul 11, 2016 22:32

Wild arcana for dots
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Oct 16, 2019 16:29

I'm going to shamelessly necro this thread, to talk about my favorite RA: Juggernaut.

jugg.jpg
jugg.jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 8137 times

I took Juggernaut as sort of a laugh...but really came to enjoy having it. It's a 14 pt ability, and basically it's just an insta pet summon (if you have a regular pet out, it dies instantly when Jugg is summoned) it's a level 50 pet, of enormous size, with no abilities, that lasts for 4 min.

Face value, it's not that amazing, but there's lots of little things that make it pretty cool IMO...especially as a spirit cab.

1) Massive HP: So, I'm fairly certain that each point into spirit raises the natural HP of every pet summoned (I think this is why recycle works so well for spirit cabs). With 46+13 spirit I think my regular pets have around 2k HP...Juggernaut seems to have somewhere around 3.5k-4k HP...I never fully tested that, but one fight I scrolled through the log, and the pet took about 2k dmg, and still had 40%-45% HP when I recycled it.

2) Noticeably higher resist rate than blue pets.

3) As an insta summon, it's possible to be casting on a target, and if you notice a support class or archer that needs to be rupted, and your main pet is CC'd, you can press one button to summon Jugg (w/o having to release the main pet) and send it to the target.

4) There's no 2nd range check when the movement speed buff is casted. Also, this pet buff is 1500 range instead of all the others at 1k. So it's pretty easy to get juggy moving fast, even if you don't have time to buff it right when you summon.

5) Mana: If you're down to the last sliver of mana, and your main pet is far away, CC'd, or dead, Juggy+recycle give me 95% full mana. Again that's with 46+13 spirit.

6) While I've never had a chance to test this, I believe Jugg is a perfect counter to Severing the Tether...because the tether'd pet should die the instant Jugg is summoned.

7) Camouflage: In the heat of battle, I think it's pretty easy for people to mistake Jugg for a giant earth pet...which is pretty funny when a few melee classes jump on it to try and "clear" it...I caught a screenshot of Jugg, an ice pet and an earth pet all charging into some middies:

jugg2.jpg

8) Lastly, the size. It can totally clog up the field of view in open field if it's harassing support classes...and in stairwells of alb/mid keeps it's basically just an enormous grey wall on the screen

Anyway, certainly not a jaw-dropping amazing RA like SoS or Group Purge....but it's probably one of the better class RAs out there.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Return to Cabalist