[Need updates] Midgard Leveling Guide

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
Ayb
Warder

Postby Ayb » Aug 23, 2012 02:24

Welcome, all three guides are still works in progress. I gotta level a few more characters add more info and then I intend to go back and try to stream line them so it's as simple as go here, then here, then here, stop train sell, go here, go here. But since im working on all three at once it's kinda taking some time hahah.

pythion
Eagle Knight

Postby pythion » Aug 23, 2012 06:53

the only thing that could make them better is a set of maps with circles of where the mobs are!
__________________RvR Videos - Pyth UI_____________________

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Aug 23, 2012 07:38

Sounds like a job for you, pythion!
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Ayb
Warder

Postby Ayb » Aug 24, 2012 07:50

Im actually working on that too. I want to take Valmerwolf's maps for the in realm problem is I can't find a 'as good as Valmer' Old Frontier's map, secondary problem is I personally have no programs to do this myself. Still thats the far back burner operation after I streamline the guides more.

Ayb
Warder

Postby Ayb » Mar 21, 2013 12:07

Giving this one a bump as it got lost in the piles. If the mods want to sticky it like the other two (Alb/Hib) that is of course appreciated and I do hope the guides have been of help to people. There was someone asking me to 'format' these? Uhm clarify or tutor me on how and i'll get around to it as I can. Meanwhile i'm still trying to figure out how to get back into the game. (See thread with my problems :( )

Raggnar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Raggnar » Apr 07, 2013 09:04

Ayb wrote:Giving this one a bump as it got lost in the piles. If the mods want to sticky it like the other two (Alb/Hib) that is of course appreciated and I do hope the guides have been of help to people. There was someone asking me to 'format' these? Uhm clarify or tutor me on how and i'll get around to it as I can. Meanwhile i'm still trying to figure out how to get back into the game. (See thread with my problems :( )

I got a question, if you have any clues it would be appreciated :). Are there any lvl 50ish mobs that are weak to matter and drop some sort of salvage? On Midgard of course.

"He was concerned only with the naked fundamentals of life. The warm intimacies of small, kindly things, the sentiments and delicious trivialities that make up so much of civilized men's lives were meaningless to him. A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs. Bloodshed and violence and savagery were the natural elements of the life Conan knew; he could not, and would never, understand the little things that are so dear to civilized men and women."

Ayb
Warder

Postby Ayb » Apr 07, 2013 20:04

On that info I honestly don't have an answer atm. For the most part mobs follow a pattern though: I.E. crustaceans/insects/skeletons/golems are all weak to crush. Reptiles are all weak to cold. If you can tell me a mob 'type' that you've seen weak to Matter before I might be able to throw you a few guesses. Off the top of my head i'd -suggest- tenatively that you try the Jotuns in Vanern swamp as I assume Matter destroys living humanoids quite well (assumption!!!) But as for salvage drop rates I honestly don't know. I was told it got nerfed for all realms.

Raggnar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Raggnar » Apr 07, 2013 22:21

Ayb wrote:On that info I honestly don't have an answer atm. For the most part mobs follow a pattern though: I.E. crustaceans/insects/skeletons/golems are all weak to crush. Reptiles are all weak to cold. If you can tell me a mob 'type' that you've seen weak to Matter before I might be able to throw you a few guesses. Off the top of my head i'd -suggest- tenatively that you try the Jotuns in Vanern swamp as I assume Matter destroys living humanoids quite well (assumption!!!) But as for salvage drop rates I honestly don't know. I was told it got nerfed for all realms.

Thanks a lot, I will check it out soon :).

"He was concerned only with the naked fundamentals of life. The warm intimacies of small, kindly things, the sentiments and delicious trivialities that make up so much of civilized men's lives were meaningless to him. A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs. Bloodshed and violence and savagery were the natural elements of the life Conan knew; he could not, and would never, understand the little things that are so dear to civilized men and women."

Tilda
Warder

Postby Tilda » May 20, 2013 22:01

Does anybody have any rough guides for a full group leveling?
Mostly need advice for Uppland / RvR leveling from 20 to 35

Raggnar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Raggnar » May 20, 2013 22:06

Tilda wrote:Does anybody have any rough guides for a full group leveling?
Mostly need advice for Uppland / RvR leveling from 20 to 35

Don't like uppland much tbh...not many mobs have BAF so they don't add, and camps are not that big. For 30-35 just go dodens and kill some ice wolves and when your group is 35, vendos.

zomgwtfbbq
Warder

Postby zomgwtfbbq » Jul 22, 2013 04:18

This "guide" is basically grinding mobs. Grinding mob won`t give you decent gear to stay alive and the copper/silver reward is too small in order to buy something.

What is this?

Hibernianman1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Hibernianman1 » Jul 30, 2013 21:50

Ayb you rock so hard for posting this!

We need a killtask guide for Mid as well.. Anybody experienced in kill tasks here?

this is all I could find:

Fiordiluna wrote:Hmm?

Midgard has killtasks
It's just that you have to ' /task ' instead of ' /whisper task ' .
Known working guards which accept killtasks are in mularn, then the named guard in West Tower in vale of mularn.

Big gap in my knowledge, since the next working guard that i know of is one of the vikings outside Vindsaul Faste (midgard mainland, not frontier, of course) which does up to level 20.

Myrkwood doesn't have any. Don't know about gotar or east svealand. None in Huginfell too.

Target guard and /task !

The one i did in Hibernia had the best locations for most xp for your time, I guess I'll have to make a Midgard guide too! haha

Ayb
Warder

Postby Ayb » Aug 03, 2013 17:28

zomgwtfbbq wrote:This "guide" is basically grinding mobs. Grinding mob won`t give you decent gear to stay alive and the copper/silver reward is too small in order to buy something.

What is this?

It's a guide... to get experience efficiently. It's not a guide to get gear, it's not a guide to get money. 1-50 reasonably speaking you can have 2-3 plat pure grinding. If you need gear go to level appropriate dungeons, some classes -will- need a group for such others can solo it. My guide is intended for when you find yourself solo, when you can't get a group and you want some xp. It's not intended for you to end up fully templated at 50 nor is it intended for you to be rolling in plat. It's just intended to help you when you need the help. Optimally you'll want to group for leveling, it's faster and far more efficient -but- available hours of play, time zones and other factors affect whether you'll be able to do such a thing. That is where this guide comes in to aid you.

Edit for Hibman: I don't really mess with kill tasks there's only a few times i've found spots that work well for it but if you make a note of guards/zones as you find them then i'll add them into the guide.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Apr 26, 2016 21:00

Marked as in need of updates and no longer a sticky. Let me know when this is updated or a new thread is created.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

bdf
Myrmidon

Postby bdf » Apr 28, 2016 00:51

definitely gonna keep this in mind for relaunch! i fear si will be completely flooded so it'll be nice to have other options!

PreviousNext

Return to Midgard